At MOQdigital, we don’t believe in doing things the same way because that’s how it’s always been done. Our people treat complex problems with transparency, creativity and ingenuity – that’s what sets us apart. We’re problem solvers and believe it should be easier for businesses to get the most out of their technology investments.
We believe in 5 key values:
- Take ownership and have initiative
- Genuine concern about the welfare of others
- Value a growth mindset
- Be open, honest and polite
- We’re fixers – not finger pointers
About the role:
We are currently on the lookout for a person with Linux skills to work as part of the IT Team for one of our largest clients. In this role, you will participate in the delivery, management and implementation of Linux based Operating Systems and requirements. As a part of the role, you will have regular engagement with the onshore client teams, and therefore a strong focus on Customer Service will be required, along with a can-do attitude.
- Act as a part of the IT Infrastructure Development Team with a specific focus on supporting and developing Linux OS platforms (Predominantly RHEL).
- Configuration management - ensure that new infrastructure solutions are configured to optimum levels, secured to best practices, and this is recorded according to team standards.
- Ensure that effective system performance/capacity monitoring is in place for all critical business applications.
- Identify and schedule projects to take advantage of technical opportunities and solve business issues.
- Implementation of Linux based operating systems in line with project requirements.
- Ensure connectivity, data integrity and data validation for hardware upgrades/replacements are managed effectively.
- Manage internal/external relationships as a technical subject matter expert.
Required Background and Skills Set:
- A degree or equivalent in qualification in Computer Science/Information Technology.
- Minimum 3 years of experience working with complex infrastructure environments.
- Related Linux/RedHat and Microsoft Certifications.
- Mandatory knowledge in 4 or more of the following:
- RHEL 6.x, 7.x
- Red Hat Satellite
- Exposure to Oracle Linux 6.x, 7.x
- CentOS 6.x. 7.x
- Exposure to SUSE Linux 15
- Exposure to Oracle 11
- VMware vSphere 6+
- Desirable knowledge in Progress DB/Cloud platform experience – preferably Microsoft Azure/GCP/Microsoft SCCM.
- Strong capability with scripting tools/languages for administrative purposes.
- Excellent understanding of backup technologies and strategies within an enterprise datacentre, and Windows Server.
- Excellent understanding of the ITIL process, including change and incident management within a medium or large organisation. (ITIL qualification is advantageous)
- Excellent analysis skills & document writing skills as well as great influencing skills, decision-making skills.
- Responsible, self-motivated, pro-active and disciplined approach to work.
Why should you apply?
- Career development working with latest technology
- Flexible working conditions
- Health and well-being program
- Shift loading for working Australian business hours
- Reward and recognition program
- International travel opportunities
If you are interested in applying for this role, please email your resume to email@example.com